Walnut Street traces its beginnings back to the First Baptist Church of Louisville, founded in 1815, and the Second Baptist Church of Louisville, founded in 1838. The members of these two early Baptist churches joined together in 1848 to form Walnut Street Baptist Church, located right in the heart of Louisville at the corner of 4th and Walnut Street.
Since her inception, Walnut Street has focused on meeting the call of Jesus to love God and Love others. Over many decades Walnut Street has planted well over 50 churches in the Louisville area, has been a leader in developing community ministries, and has had a passion for seeing Jesus’ name taken to the nations.
Today, we continue to minister to those in our neighborhood, where we have been located since the early 1900’s. It is our prayer that we will continue to be faithful to the calling God has given us as we serve Him here in the heart of Old Louisville.